[QuadList] OT: Thomson to change name to Technicolor, Feb 1

dcfwtx at aol.com dcfwtx at aol.com
Thu Jan 28 11:40:45 CST 2010

Joe,

I have not held a NABET job in over 20 years. At the time of my exit, their bargaining power was less then than at the beginning of my tenure. Years earlier, it was even stronger. They (and IA and IBEW) still exist at NBC, CBS, and ABC. Throughout the years, work rules have changed, and the language regarding the use of "freelancers" or "contract workers" has been greatly expanded. Only someone who has survived several decades and still employed at one of these networks could give an accurate assessment of what is going on, but probably anonymously.

As a former boss told me one time (off the record): "NABET was organized chaos".

David Crosthwait
DC Video
www.dcvideo.com