[QuadList] NTSC/PAL Machines

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Thu Jan 28 16:32:01 CST 2010

Hi Chris:

I'm not from across the pond, but according to the Ampex docs, there were different performance levels for the PAL machines just like they had for the NTSC machines.  The basic filter was 5.44 MHz in a performance level 1 machine.  Performance level 2 & 3 had the better Bode filter which was 6.0 MHz.

There was also a 5 MHz Bode filter specified for use in 50 Hz systems, but it doesn't say which system.  Would that have been for SECAM?

Don