[QuadList] NTSC/PAL Machines

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Thu Jan 28 09:55:24 CST 2010

The model number for the Colortec is correct.  Their was an  optional
modification to the Proc Amp that was called Interswitch.   This was for the 405
and 819 standards used in Britain and France.  It was  not required for PAL.
 As far as I can tell, the Proc amp came in 525  / 625 dual mode.

The other area that may be different is the filter in the signal  system.
Pal has a much higher bandwidth so that the filters were wider  than NTSC.
It may not be too much of an issue but with a 4.43 sub carrier,  this could
be an issue.  We need an expert from across the pond to tell us  what the
filter was in the signal system.

The Amtec and Colortec were 6 MHz bandwidth devices so these will not
affect the performance as the machine goes between standards.

Servos and all other parts of the machine were PAL ready.

Chris Hill
WA8IGN