[QuadList] Changes in Post over the years (wasElectronic Editing Notes)

Bill Carpenter wcarpen107 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 30 15:42:45 CST 2010

Don,

The flying erase head was added before the 7900, because I worked on the design on the 7800 and then tested it, and made good color edits. The circuity to drive the erase head was placed under the top transport trim, just  to the left of the scanner, between it and the supply reel. I remember changing the rotary transformer and get a signal that would turn it on to erase the video at the proper time.
I believe that this was done in late 1978, and we introduced it at NAB 79, in Washington.

Bill