[QuadList] Changes in Post over the years (wasElectronic Editing Notes)

Trevor Brown videovault at sky.com
Sat Jan 30 17:52:42 CST 2010

More and more interesting
Our 7800's did not have flying erase hence the 3 seconds to cycle out of
insert,
Unless you used short insert and ran without erase, then the video head
erased the track
but if it was not central on the track it patterned badly and was not a mode
I liked to use.

If you were editing on a different machine to the recording you also had the
interchange problem
The 7800 only had three guides entry exit and back so the track was   "S"
shaped

Never saw a 7900 and cannot remember what the VRP 1 Arrangement was, the
VPR2 that guided all around the scanner made more sense
and the interchange was better for the straight tracks

TrevorB
UK Member