[QuadList] Quads on a....

Bill Carpenter wcarpen107 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 8 21:30:14 CDT 2010

Well, I can remember when Hugh Heffner (Playboy Magazine) had a color 660
installed on the "Big Bunny" , which was his 727, for entertainment on flights
bettwen Chicago, and LA.

We also had pictures at Ampex, of a VR-2000, mounted on a special speed boat,
and was used to shoot special water related video at Tommy Barlett's water ski
facility in Florida.
The machine was mounted in the center of a wide hull, probably a catamaran, with
a lot of power,and with a "T shaped" pipe structure above, which held PC-70's on
each wing, and I believe the boat could also pull skier's while taping. I know
at this time many records were set around the number of skiers, and they had a
elephant on water skis. Jackie Gleason did a lot of shooting in Florida at this
time also.

And the VR-3000's went everywhere, and some of the footage from Compact Video,
particularly shooting from one Lear  Jet, a second one flying over "The Grand
Canyon" was the best early airbourne video that I have seen.

Bill Carpenter