[QuadList] Quads on a....

David C. Crosthwait david at dcvideo.com
Fri Jul 9 11:03:24 CDT 2010

Regarding:
And the VR-3000's went everywhere, and some of the footage from
Compact Video, particularly shooting from one Lear  Jet, a second one
flying over "The
Grand Canyon" was the best early airbourne video that I have seen.

This was known as "Astrovision", which was comprised of a PCP-90C, a
VR 3000, and a Lear Jet 24 aircraft.

I will post more on the website soon.

David
www.dcvideo.com

Quoting Bill Carpenter <wcarpen107 at yahoo.com>:

> Well, I can remember when Hugh Heffner (Playboy Magazine) had a color 660
> installed on the "Big Bunny" , which was his 727, for entertainment
> on flights
> bettwen Chicago, and LA.
>
> We also had pictures at Ampex, of a VR-2000, mounted on a special speed boat,
> and was used to shoot special water related video at Tommy Barlett's
>  water ski
> facility in Florida.
> The machine was mounted in the center of a wide hull, probably a
> catamaran, with
> a lot of power,and with a "T shaped" pipe structure above, which
> held PC-70's on
> each wing, and I believe the boat could also pull skier's while
> taping. I know
> at this time many records were set around the number of skiers, and
> they had a
> elephant on water skis. Jackie Gleason did a lot of shooting in
> Florida at this
> time also.
>
> And the VR-3000's went everywhere, and some of the footage from
> Compact Video,
> particularly shooting from one Lear  Jet, a second one flying over "The Grand
> Canyon" was the best early airbourne video that I have seen.
>
> Bill Carpenter
>

> ________________________________

David Crosthwait
DC Video
Archived Media Transfer and Re-mastering Services
177 West Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, CA. 91502
818-563-1073
818-563-1177 (fax)