[QuadList] It's working.... Link still not working--http://www.smecc.org/...

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Thu Jun 10 20:53:19 CDT 2010

excellent! yes... may have been a cache problem.

Hey, Ed

It did finally work, but I had to use the method Dennis  advised... and
click on the link from the website.

After I did that... the links in the last few posts worked.  May  have been
a cache problem?  <shrugs>  It's electronic!  And Digital!  Some one or
zero was off taking a smoke break, for  all we can tell.

Same kind of thing was happening with Adobe Illustrator and a function
called Clipping Masks over a period of a couple of weeks.
It flat-out wouldn't work, though I'd done it correctly on other  documents
months ago. And I'd resorted to RTFHOL and was following the Help
instructions... the same thing that wasn't working.  I finally gave up.  Then last
week when I HAD to have this document off to someone... I  opened the same
doc... and went to use the function and IT WORKED!

Why/Why Not?  No clue.

Kinda like the main land-line number here at the house... which has been
sounding like water was in a connection somewhere btw here and the CO for
several weeks.

AT&T (Pacific Bell) automated 611 schedules a repair for today.  Btw. 8-5
is all they (it?) can tell me. OK. I'll be here. Lucky I didn't  need to run
around.

Dispatcher calls about 2p to say the repair guy is running late and to  ask
if I'm still having trouble.  "Yes," I say. "You can hear the noise,
right?"  "Oh, yes," she says.  The guy calls arond 4:15.  The  trouble has gone.
He comes over and checks either side of the demarc  block and then hits the
nearest main junction box. Checking connections, he  tugs on one, and it
separates. He terminates it again. Comes back to report  what he'd found.
(Then is required to tell me about U-Verse.)

OK.  Stuff happens.  I'm glad it's minor stuff that isn't a  major health,
financial or physical disaster.

That's a little more difficult to do as Spock used to do when things went
south: "Cross-circuiting to B."

Which is fine in an emergency... but not something you'd want to happen  on
its own... say in your Klystron cavities.

Hope everyone is fine, otherwise.

Ted

Thanks,

Ed Sharpe, Archivist for SMECC

See the Museum's Web Site at _www.smecc.org_ (http://www.smecc.org/)

We are always looking for  items to add to the museum's display and ref.
library - please advise if you  have anything we can use.

Coury House / SMECC
5802 W. Palmaire Ave.  Phone 623-435-1522
Glendale Az 85301 USA

CONFIDENZIALE:  Questo messaggio e gli eventuali allegati sono confidenziali
e riservati. Se  vi è stato recapitato per errore e non siete fra i
destinatari elencati,  siete pregati di darne immediatamente avviso al
mittente. Le informazioni  contenute non devono essere mostrate ad altri, né
utilizzate, memorizzate o  copiate in qualsiasi forma.

CONFIDENTIAL: This e-mail and any attachments  are confidential and may
contain reserved information. If you are not one of  the named recipients,
please notify the sender immediately. Moreover, you  should not disclose the
contents to any other persons, nor should the  information contained be used
for any purpose or stored or copied in any  form.