[QuadList] frost nixon film

altv at att.net altv at att.net
Tue Jun 8 22:44:55 CDT 2010

In regard to the original production of the interviews.  I believe the truck used was provided by PVI (Pacific Video Industries).  The truck had TK 44's and a couple of TR 70's, as I recall.  PVI was the forerunner of Pacific Video Post, still in business.  The credits included Randy Blim, who was the CE of the company.  Seymour Meyer, along with his brother, who were listed in the credits, were the owners of the company.

The truck was unusual in that it had a window on each side of the production area.  Premise being that if it was parked on a stage the crew could look into the studio.

It did mostly entertainment, and very little sports.  It spent a lot of Sundays at the Crystal Cathedral.

Al Killion

As for the original Nixon/Frost sessions—"The Nixon Interviews"—here's the Crew list:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0261639/fullcredits

Anyone recognize any names?

Know what company supplied the truck and cameras used?  Whether the movie is accurate in its portrayal of equipment?

And since the programs were recorded in 1977, were they on Quad or 1"? Edited on? Where?