[QuadList] Pacific Video Industries and successors (was frost nixon film)

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Wed Jun 9 09:43:04 CDT 2010

Hi, Al,

Many thanks for the information regarding the truck used on "The Nixon
Interviews."  Pacific Video Industries does come up on IMDB in
connection with "The Nixon Interviews." So do the people you mentioned.

When you say the company morphed into "Pacific Video Post" I gather
you mean the company that was Pacific Video Post Production Center,
more recently known as LaserPacific Media.

QuadList member Gary Adams (now with DaVinci) worked there in the late
1970's.

The Hollywood Reporter has a 20th Anniv. retrospective on the company
here:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/search/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1947852

LaserPacific was formed in 1990 when former Compact Video founder
Robert Seidenglanz's Spectra Image and Pacific Video merged. PVI had
been in bankruptcy. LaserPacific went public in 1991 with a $6-million
IPO.

Laser Pacific's significant subsidaries as of March, 2003 included
Pacific Video, Inc., Laser Edit, Inc, and Great American Food Corp.
(formerly known as Laser Edit, East, Inc.)

Kodak paid $30-million for LaserPacific in 2003.

LaserPacific was sold in Feb, 2010 by Kodak to TeleCorps Holdings,
Inc., which is backed by HIG Capital.

Randy Blim is listed as the Chief Engineer/Chief Technical Officer and
is now the CTO for TeleCorps.

TeleCorps was founded by a group of broadcaster/media business people,
most notably former CBS Network President James H. Rosenfield and
Robert F. McConnell, former head of Encoda Systems, now owned by Harris.

They've most recently formed Indycoast Partners and retain investment
interests in Telecorps.

Between the start of 2007 and end of 2009, TeleCorps acquired Wexler
Video, LLC, PostWorks New York, LLC, Orbit Digital California, LLC,
Hula Post Production, Inc. and Coffey Sound, LLC, all bought  with
backing from HIG.

And so it goes.

Ted