[QuadList] Busby

georgenann at aol.com georgenann at aol.com
Mon Mar 1 14:48:07 CST 2010

Bill,

Thank you so much for the info on Mr. Busby.  Small world. It has been many years since I have seen him.  I was at many of the Ampex classes and met him there, he is quite a guy.  I think I remember that he designed the whole logic bay for the ACR's in about one weekend. If not a weekend some short period of time. I wish I could understand it in that short period of time.

Would you happen to know how my old friend Cecil Brown is doing?  He was a good friend also.  On one of his trips to NYC he came up here to Port Jervis (It was just summer place at the time) to go canoeing on the Delaware River with me. He loves canoeing.  He was all set, new camera and all, but we dumped going over some rapids about half way down. I fished him out and we finished the trip, no complaints from Cecil, he still had a good time.

I have spoken with Lou Bitton recently, he is in Placerville.

Lou tells me that Branson bought Ampex.  Even the Queen was there to inspect it.  I was there last year and had time to kill so the wife and I drove around RC and found the buildings and the sign is still there on Rt. 101.  Such a shame it is gone, it would surely boost our GNP.

Sorry, I never came in contact with an AVR-3, I did see one while visiting old buddy at WTVJ.  He told me it was quite a machine.  I liked the pilot carrier idea.

Thanks again Bill.

73,

George Keller