[QuadList] Ampex High Speed Dubber and later VHS systems

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Thu Mar 11 14:29:11 CST 2010

		On Mar 11, 2010, at 2:42 AM, Mark Anzicek wrote:

 > We, as engineers at NET,  were told that only 3 Ampex ADR-150
duplicators were ever built.  One was in LA.  We had one at NET in Ann
Arbor and it was rumored that there was one in an airplane hanger in
Saudi Arabia that was never assembled.  However NET's unit was the
only 6 copy station unit in existence. The other two were 2 copy
station units.

		I say:

	Editel in New York had a 5-copy station Ampex machine.  I saw it (and
the mirror-master AVR-1 to go with it) in Feb 1979.

	  					NBC Today Show, New York