[QuadList] Ebay Item - Ampex Precision Magnetic Tape ScannerHead Parts

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Fri Mar 12 16:39:21 CST 2010

Guys:

These are not video heads.  They are for the DCRsi 19mm instrumentation format.  It's a cassette based, transverse scan recording system that came out in the mid 80's.  It used 6 heads on the scanner.  When I mentioned airborne in the earlier post, I was refering to the machines that often show up on eBay.  Obviously, there were (are) also land based recorders.  Somewhere, I have spec sheets, but there should be some info out there on line.

Don Norwood
Digitrak Communications, Inc.
www.digitrakcom.com