[QuadList] Quick question - GVG video DAs

Gary Adams adam7889 at bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 13 17:10:51 CST 2010

These extenders look symmetrical vertically, but have polarized capacitors
across supply rail sort of hidden from view.  Smoke and a possible burned
power supply.  Actually the supply had a fuse which protected it but at 5am,
I miss read the fuse and put something substantially in the second time
which didn't protect the supply.  Double smoke.  It was our backup network
feed proc amp so I went home and decided to tackle it the next night.  What
I learned was those that never fix things never make mistakes while doing
so.

Gary