[QuadList] Off topic: WTVJ remote truck

David C. Crosthwait david at dcvideo.com
Sat Mar 27 15:14:28 CDT 2010

For the WTVJ guys here on the list, here are two pictures from the
Orange Bowl (Dolphins vs ?) AFC Football game. Approx. 1982. I think
WTVJ was a CBS affiliate then, but NBC used their trucks (one was for
production i.e. switching, video, audio, engineering) and the other
was the tape truck, if I recall correctly.

I am not sure if we were the "A" game that weekend for the network.
May have been.

I think we were totally off of the HS 100 by then. We did the slow-mo
for the game on the VPR 2's.

Bill(?) Vacarro (from NY) is with me inside. Bonnie (?) from NY is
outside in front of the truck with me.

I recall is being hotter than xxxx that weekend. Other shots I have
yet to scan show the crew by the pool.

David Crosthwait
DC Video
Archived Media Transfer and Re-mastering Services
177 West Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, CA. 91502
818-563-1073
818-563-1177 (fax)