[QuadList] Off topic: WTVJ remote truck

W4wj at aol.com W4wj at aol.com
Sat Mar 27 20:00:37 CDT 2010

David...

Been there a FEW times!!

Yes, the tape truck, and the production "expando" made up  the
operation.

We were the CBS affiliate until Jan 1 1989, when we switched  to NBC.
The station was bought by GE/NBC mid-1987 but remained  with
CBS for over a year!!  A very unusual  situation...    An NBC O&O,
but a CBS affiliate!!  ;-)

The HS100B was back at the studio!!

TNX for the flashback!!

73,

Don Murray, W4WJ
Fredericksburg,  Texas

Retired from 40 years in Miami TV
35+ years at NBC O&O WTVJ

In a message dated 3/27/2010 2:37:05 P.M. Central Daylight Time,