[QuadList] Fwd: Quad VTR Quadrature Compensator

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Mon Mar 29 17:30:13 CDT 2010

Don

You got the answer before I could post it.  It was an interesting
procedure on the TRT.  Play an alignment tape with the delay lines centered  and
then find the point where you got straight vertical lines.  Then set  the
record lines to the opposite number.

I remember that Allen had a similar device for the VR-1000.  It was a
retrofit device.  I understand the process that the gentleman was  proposing.  I
wonder if RCA took his idea and put it in the TRT?

Chris Hill