[QuadList] More Nashville info from John Spencer (no relation) at BMS/Chace sound

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Fri May 7 20:39:32 CDT 2010

Here's some info from John Spencer at BMS/Chace Sound in Nashville,
reposted with his encouragement.

John says "My brother is Bill Spencer - just not the Bill Spencer at
NorthStar..."

Maybe they should meet?

Meantime, John says:

Thanks for forwarding this to the list. The Annual Grammy Block Party
(5/11) has now been converted to a fund-raiser, and Vince Gill and his
wife Amy Grant did a small telethon last night and raised $1.7 million
(it was kind of Taylor Swift to cut a check for $500,000!). There are
also a number of smaller events being planned all over the city.

We are still continuing with our 13th annual AES Engineer's Relief
Fund Golf Tournament on 5/27 and 5/28, which has raised close to
$1million over the years and is a direct source of funds for
engineers, musician, techs, etc. who in most cases have no insurance.

If you do some quick Googling, you can find out about the CMHOF
(flooded basement but otherwise OK - got an email from Alan Stoker
today), our symphony hall (2 Steinways and a multi-million dollar pipe
organ wasted), The Grand Ole Opry, and the Opryland hotel, but there
are a number of other places that got slammed as well (Gibson,
SoundCheck, Creation Audio Labs.......)

It kind of seems like there has not been much coverage about it, what
with the NYC bombing attempt, oil rigs leaking, and the stock market
going like a roller coaster, but I personally think it is a testimony
to this town and our citizens, and I'm proud of how the community has
pulled together.

I can assure you any money you give to the MusiCares Nashville Flood
Relief will IMMEDIATELY go to help out our musical brothers and sisters.

If anyone would like more details or would like to be pointed to other
charity links, please feel free to call me or reach me at the email
listed below.

Here's some pretty good summary links:

http://blogs.tennessean.com/tunein/

http://www.wsmv.com/news/23448373/detail.html

and if nothing else just catch this video clip, it's a bit tough for
me personally to watch but it is reality (when you see the stage door
at the Opry you'll know what I mean):

http://www.youtube.com/user/victoriabanks1

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and support.

Sincerely,
John

John Spencer
BMS/ Chace LLC