[QuadList] Quad Videotape Group News and Pictures--Summer/Fall 2010 edition--Section 6-Wrapping AMIA 2010-Almost

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Tue Nov 16 10:36:33 CST 2010

Quad Videotape Group News and Pictures--Summer/Fall 2010 edition--
Section 6-Wrapping AMIA 2010-Almost

The View from the 33rd floor of Lowe's Philadelphia Hotel, en-route to
the AMIA Closing Cocktail party, looking west into downtown just after
the sun set.  The Philly DTV transmission antennas are on a hill to
the left of this view.

LoC's James Snyder and former Ampex engineer Jim Wheeler at the
cocktail party.

That was followed by Dinner at the City Tavern—where the founders held
the first Fourth of July celebration.

I don't know what they talked about, but we had more wonderful food
with a Colonial theme served by Colonially dressed wait staff,
commensurate CC charges and conversation, not necessarily about Quad,
but more about bits and data wrangling and what to do with the bits so
they don't become digital kibble.

I think we closed this place, too, and enjoyed a nice walk back to the
car.

Our group above wanted to know how David Crosthwait was doing on his
drive back to California, so we sent a text message... and the next
morning got a hand-held iPhone video labelled "poor man's Steadicam"
and e-mail assuring our group here that everything was fine.

Back at the hotel... it was time to sleep in for an extra hour as the
time shifted from Daylight to Standard time.

Next: Back to Culpeper!