[QuadList] Larry Bloomfield--Can you help the family by making a new home for some gear?

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Wed Nov 17 00:05:12 CST 2010

I happened by the Tech Notes website just now—partly because I
wondered what would become of the website and its resources—and found
an appeal for help in several ways by his son Tom.

Perhaps there are QuadList members that can help with identifying and
valuing the gear Larry collected, and also make sure that his wife is
helped by its sale.

Click here for the full version: http://www.tech-notes.tv/

Briefly, Tom wrote:

For those of you that still wish to express your condolences please
send it to:
carollee (at) tech-notes.tv
Our mother (his wife) would greatly appreciate hearing from you.

<snip>
I have an important request for help
To all my father's broadcast engineering friends and colleagues.
Dad was a tech head, so he collected and purchased many very cool
historical broad casting and transmitting devices over the years.
Always wanting to keep up with the latest technologies so he attained
a lot of this stuff over his lifetime. Meanwhile, every time we told
him to stop spending he would just say, "there's plenty of time to
sell these things incase Mom or him needed financial assistance". Well
now that Dad is gone! And, Mom has no immediate source of income for
her future. The question I have for anyone whom can assist us is, If
we take pictures of the things my father has can someone lend a hand
to guiding us to identification and true value or worth of these items?

As sad as it sounds this is my mother's only means for financial
support right now and I don't want Mom to get ripped off. If you knew
my father and can assist or may be interested in what we have for
purchase please contact us as soon as possible. Thank you all once
again for all your support in this desperate matter.

LAST NOTE: To all "Taste of NAB - Sponsors"
Request for final payment in full as soon as possible
<snip>
Thomas Bloomfield
Personal Cell # 941-544-8916