[QuadList] The Beatles, Washington D.C. 1964

bill.spencer at northstarstudios.tv bill.spencer at northstarstudios.tv
Mon Nov 29 06:31:43 CST 2010

Having had responsibility for seven TK-60s for several years, it
definitely looks like same to me.  I had several with lens turrets like
the one in the video.  It also looks to me to be an NBC logo on the side
of the camera which means it could have been WRC's truck.  The video
also has the look of a 4.5" IO tube and we frequently set them up
without the corners showing.  The bi-alkali tubes did not come out until
about 68 so the video resistance to burn-in from the spots and flash
bulbs shot straight into the lens lean toward 4.5" tubes.

I enjoyed watching it even with the bad audio, but having done a lot of
live productions you know it is not going to be like the studio.  I was
interested in watching the reaction of the local stage hands when the
boys started moving some of their stuff around.  They were also wearing
suit and tie which no self respecting stage hand or roadie would be
caught dead in today!  Some of the police were amused by the reaction of
the kids to the Beatles, but many of the people who were staff at the
Coliseum seemed perplexed by all the commotion.  The photogs from the
papers and magazines kept their usual poker faces as they did their
thing.  With all the pictures being taken that day, there should be some
other visual evidence of the TV cameras presence and resolve the
question once and for all.

Bill Spencer

NorthStar Studios, Inc.

3201 Dickerson Pike