[QuadList] Quad Videotape Group--Upcoming gatherings--Oct. & November, 2010, NAB & AMIA, 2011

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Fri Oct 15 16:34:52 CDT 2010

		On Oct 15, 2010, at 12:04 PM, David C. Crosthwait wrote:

 > On a quad related matter, check out the following:
	<http://www.thenowexplosion.com/>

		I say:

	Atlanta's own Now Explosion, the first music video program ever.  I
went to high school in the neighborhood of the studio where Now
Explosion was produced.  I used to visit the studio when music videos
were being shot.  I'm so pissed at myself for having not taken any
photos of my visits there then in 1969.  But my memory is pretty sharp
on the subject if there's anything you want to know about it.
	One of the first two "Vee-Jays", Skinny Bobby Harper was a very good
friend of mine.  I met him at Channel 36 when Now Explosion was in
production.  The following year, he hired me to assist him on air at
WIIN radio in Atlanta.  We kept in touch until about 7 years ago when
Bobby passed on.  He was a caring mentor and a great friend who helped
me start my career right after high school.

	  					NBC Today Show, New York