[QuadList] Quad Videotape Group--Upcoming gatherings--Oct. & November, 2010, NAB & AMIA, 2011

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Fri Oct 15 16:47:02 CDT 2010

		On Oct 15, 2010, at 1:59 PM, Gary Adams wrote:

 > I remember a quite good "Philly" a short walk from Building 2 in
Camden, but I'm sure both Building 2 and that restaurant don't exist
any more.

		I point out:

	Do you mean this building?
		<http://www.flickr.com/photos/dennisdegan/557841485/in/set-72157600587806665/

	To my knowledge, it is still there but is now a Camden government
building.  The "Nipper" building (Building 17) is still standing as
well, but it now houses condominium apartments.  Building 17 was where
nearly all RCA quads were built.  I remember seeing TCR-100s being
assembled in that building in 1978.

		Gary also said:

 > Also near the Liberty Bell, there would be many good places.  A few
blocks South is "South Street" where just about any bar will have
great food.  Walk past the bar to the hidden restaurant in the back.
I hope they are still there.

		I say:

	Jim's Steaks is on a South Street corner not far from the South
Street Market.

		Gary:

 > We can all walk to the river and look East to the most famous site
where many Quads were made.  We could even take the high speed line
and pop up exactly where they were made.  But I wouldn't recommend it.

		I agree:

	Not a place to be anymore, unfortunately.  But here's what I was
doing there back in the summer of 1978:
		<http://www.flickr.com/photos/dennisdegan/557841147/in/set-72157600587806665/

	  					NBC Today Show, New York