[QuadList] Anyone recognize this magnetic film recorder??

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Fri Sep 17 08:02:50 CDT 2010

On Sep 17, 2010, at 5:22 AM, Dennis Lusk wrote:

> It looks like a Movieola film player to  me. The bottom bit an
> amplifier for optical or magnetic audio.
>
> Den,

You're on the right track from a corporate perspective.  Movieola
became part of Magnasync/Movieola in 1966, but Magnasync had been
making audio recording gear for quite a while before that.

Via the AMIA-L,  film maker/film equipment maker Jeff Kreines says:

On Sep 17, 2010, at 5:08 AM, Jeff Kreines wrote:

> Magnasync 602E, 16mm.
>
> Very common in the US, successor to the X400 series.

Jeff's post was quickly followed by Voice of America Moving Image
Librarian Len Modzelesky, who just said, "Magnasync."

The two companies are not linked by name, although they are commonly
owned.  Movieola has morphed into an equipment sales, rental and
training business, while Magnasync gradually became a company that
made only products for communications recording.

It now seems like they've exited that business as there's not much to
see at http://www.magnasync.com.

Ted