[QuadList] Another Weekend Quiz 04/01/11

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Mon Apr 4 17:22:09 CDT 2011

This was a good one.

Very tough.  I never saw this part of the 3000.  I did see  several of them
and almost took one out of a dumpster.

Chris Hill

In a message dated 4/4/2011 5:31:37 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dwnorwood at embarqmail.com writes:

OK, the weekend is well past with no correct answer to  the quiz, so here
are a couple of pics that reveal everything.

This is an Ampex battery charger for the VR-3000.  The  switch allows
monitoring of the individual battery cells in two  batteries.  The charger was
available stand-alone, or could be purchased  with a kit to install it into
the optional accessory case which is identical  to the VR-3000 case.  As you
can see in the second picture, in that  configuration you could charge two
batteries (rear left and right  compartments), store a spare reel of tape, and
have a compartment left for  cables, etc.

I'll try to find another head-scratcher for next week, but  not sure I can
top this one!

Don Norwood
Digitrak Communications, Inc.
_www.digitrakcom.com_ (http://www.digitrakcom.com/)