[QuadList] First microprocessor in a camera or first computersetup????? Iki - RCA?

bill.spencer at northstarstudios.tv bill.spencer at northstarstudios.tv
Sun Apr 10 06:24:19 CDT 2011

Ed,

We already had eight TK-47s when Ikegami came around trying to switch us
to HK-312 so I would say the RCA came first.  As to whether to call them
'computer' or 'microprocessor' a better term might be 'microcomputer' as
the RCA had its own RCA made microcomputer that was sold separately as a
"Cosmac" computer kit.  I bought several of them for the technicians to
build and play with so they could understand how the cameras setup
worked.  The little computer kits had a composite color output and with
a little programming we made a countdown clock and a slate generator
that were somewhat useful around the facility.  At least they didn't
jump up and down a line like our Cooke clocks and number generator did!
Wish I would have saved one to send for the collection.

Bill Spencer

NorthStar Studios, Inc.

3201 Dickerson Pike

Nashville, TN 37207