[QuadList] Identify this machine

David Crosthwait david at dcvideo.com
Wed Apr 20 08:17:01 CDT 2011

Don,

I was probably referencing to the same exact RCA publication that you have. Hence, I have no additional information. Perhaps this product was developed or marketed to look more appealing than the equivalent Ampex product (this RCA machine can be both a data recorder and a videotape recorder, resulting in that sales pitch angle to the government) but in reality probably never had that dual usage anywhere. Who knows? I will loosely compare this to the production of the F-111, intended for purchase and use by both the Navy and the Air Force (later dropped by the Navy). Initial concept and development was partially based on supplying a single aircraft for usage by both branches of the service.

Best Regards,

David Crosthwait
DC Video
Archived Media Transfer and Re-mastering Services

Offices located at:
177 West Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, CA. 91502
818-563-1073