[QuadList] Want to buy a Quad

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Tue Apr 26 14:09:55 CDT 2011

Hi, Shai,

Welcome to the QuadList. You'll find some familiar names from the AMIA-
List here... me among them.

On Apr 26, 2011, at 11:31 AM, Shai Drori wrote:

> Hi Everyone
> I am looking for a Quad machine that can do PAL (NTSC would be nice
> as well). All links I have show nothing but a dear friend suggested
> I look here. Must be operational or complete so that restoration is
> possible. Please ping off list.
> Shai Drori

Can you be specific about what's in your collection?  Quantity,
length, age(s) of tapes.

Are you planning to operate the machine yourself?

That kind of information is helpful for folks who might make
suggestions about machines, practices, gotchas to look out for.

If you don't need to handle any low band monochrome or color, a PAL
Ampex AVR-2 would be a good choice, if one or more can be found.

I may be able to help there, and some other folks on the list may have
suggestions.

If you do want to go with an AVR-2, I'm representing a new board-set/
modification package that enables the AVR-2 to handle high-band color
and monochrome as the factory machines did... but also low-band color
and monochrome by flipping several switches on the cards.

You can learn a lot from the QuadList archives by clicking here:
http://mail.quadvideotapegroup.com/pipermail/quadlist_quadvideotapegroup.com/

Hope this is helpful.

Secretary for the  QuadVideotapeGroup.com:
Preserving Tape, Equipment and the Knowledge to use them, in
conjunction with the Library of Congress
ted at quadvideotapegroup.com