[QuadList] want to buy a quad

Shai Drori srdbx at netvision.net.il
Tue Apr 26 17:56:02 CDT 2011

Hi Ted
Great to see a familiar face (well.... name)
I have no quads myself but my clients do. I would guess monochrome and
color low and high, no super high band. Most tapes are from late 60's to
mid 80's (television was introduced to Israel in 1968, don't ask). I am
looking for something that can be refurbished to good picture quality
easily (new cards could be a good trick, depending on cost, ping off
list), and will not be a nightmare to maintain (like an avr-1). There
are no techies in Israel that will have the patience for dealing with
this beast if it constantly breaks down, so a workhorse is a must. I do
plan to operate it myself, partly because I doubt I will find someone
else to do it, and partly because I want to. :-)

Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated. I always want to
learn more.

Cheers
Shai