[QuadList] want to buy a quad--Things to think about

David Crosthwait david at dcvideo.com
Thu Apr 28 10:11:10 CDT 2011

Shai,

I might add that you need to run some serious numbers when starting up a new operation such as this. Consider spare everything that you would need i.e. power supplies, heads (video refurbishment with shipping to there $4,500 U.S.D.), rubber, discreet electrical components, proper monitoring and support gear etc. (I can go on and on). Even in Burbank/Los Angeles, where there are many sources for new and used parts, the supply is dwindling to near zero.

Our infrastructure here is setup to handle 2" quad in NTSC/PAL/SECAM, plus several other formats in dual or tri-standard operation.

We are located in Los Angeles County in the city of Burbank, adjacent to LA City proper. Please feel free to contact us off-list if needed.

Best Regards,

David Crosthwait
DC Video
Archived Media Transfer and Re-mastering Services

Offices located at:
177 West Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, CA. 91502
818-563-1073
818-563-1177 (fax)
818-285-9942 (cell)

DAVID at DCVIDEO.COM
WWW.DCVIDEO.COM

On Apr 28, 2011, at 6:19 AM, <bill.spencer at northstarstudios.tv> <bill.spencer at northstarstudios.tv> wrote:

> Shai,
>
> I can add my Amen to Ted’s list.  It is a hard thing to do.  Unless you just want a machine as part of a collection, you are better off to have the library transferred elsewhere.  That is if it is not too large and unwieldy to carry to the UK or LA, NY.  I know many customers I have hand carry the tapes and sit while they are transferred because they never want them out of their sight.  That situation would possibly be the case for some of your material.
>
> I have a friend in Los Angeles that could probably do everything you need without the hassle of acquiring a quad machine.  The shipping would cost more than the machine!
>
> Bill Spencer

Hi Everyone
I am looking for a Quad machine that can do PAL (NTSC would be nice as well). All links I have show nothing but a dear friend suggested I look here. Must be operational or complete so that restoration is possible. Please ping off list.
Shai Drori