[QuadList] OT: 5.9 Quake 35 miles S of Library of Congress-Culpeper, and 35 NNW of Guy Spiller's TR-70's in Midlothian

Gary Adams garyada at ix.netcom.com
Tue Aug 23 14:47:09 CDT 2011

While earthquakes do happen in the East, we are not really set up for them.
Placing art on the walls and precious dishes is not the right thing to do.
We certainly live a different life with regards to preparedness as compared
to California.  Didn't feel it here in South Florida, but we must go through
a week of media hype over a Cat 4 hurricane (which is very real).  Probably
won't do anything here but those in the quake area might feel the brunt of
this.  Hope nothing big happens for anyone.

As I recall, racks were supported at the base (on elevated floors).  Quads
in CA were locked but we didn't worry much about any other movement.  All
the cabling kind of tied them in one area.  I had some pretty good shakers
when I worked in post in LA.   Gary