[QuadList] OT: 5.9 Quake 35 miles S of Library of Congress-Culpeper, and 35 NNW of Guy Spiller's TR-70's in Midlothian

Guy Spiller quadruplex at verizon.net
Tue Aug 23 14:49:25 CDT 2011

All is well here at my place.  I was outside with a tree man talking
about taking down a dead tree that I'm worried might be blown over onto
my house in this weekend's possibly big hurricane.
This was my first real earthquake experience. During the "other" one we
had in '03, I was inside a remote truck (with air ride) shading cameras,
and didn't feel a thing.
  This one sounded, and felt, like very intense thunder that went on for
20-30 seconds on arguably, the most perfect weather day we have had
since spring.
I had planned to do some quad this evening, but I think I will wait
another day in case there are some aftershocks.
Guy

--
Guy Spiller
email: quadruplex at verizon.net