[QuadList] And now for some relaxation--Quad Playback style--Ping DC for some additional info

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Thu Dec 8 07:53:32 CST 2011

		On Dec 7, 2011, at 11:12 PM, Ted Langdell wrote:

 > It also has an interesting series of white blocks that appear in
the upper right hand portion of the picture at 6:16 in.  Five times. A
Cuing method?

		I say:

	Oh, I remember those, Ted.
	Yes, they were cue marks for local station breaks.  I believe they
were placed about a minute before a local break.
	Not shown on this video is the final local cue which started 5
seconds before the actual commercial.  The white rectangle would
appear steady (not blinking), as I recall for 2 seconds.  These visual
cues were used until around 1982 or so.

					     NBC Today Show, New York