[QuadList] GRASS VALLEY GROUP 3240 proc amp manual needed and info on how ...

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Mon Dec 12 04:41:30 CST 2011

Hi, Ed,

Module model numbers are very helpful and likely necessary, since there may be variations on a theme.

Also, boards may have been modified (or not modified) after manufacture as updates or field bulletins were issues.

For other items:

One resource that may be helpful in finding links to support is the old Grass Valley knowledge base:
http://grassvalley.novosolutions.net/default.asp?id=227&Lang=1&SID=

Checking it, I didn't find anything on the 3240 series.  However, a link under "Legacy Products>Routers>Ten-XL turned up this page:

http://grassvalley.novosolutions.net/default.asp?id=967&Lang=1&SID=
Where can I find any documentation on the GVG Ten-XL video routers?
Ten-XL manuals that are no longer available from Grass Valley Group may be ordered from MSI at 916-631-7400. Please use the TP (Technical Publication) number when ordering the manual.

The following manuals are available:

Ten-XL Series Installation and Operation (TP3121-01)
Ten-XL Series Maintenance (TP3124-01)
Ten-XL Manual Set (TP-086885-01)
Ten-XL 100/300 Interface (TP3031-00)

MSI is a multi-faceted company near Sacramento, CA
2431 Mercantile Dr # A
Rancho Cordova, CA 95742
(916) 631-7400
(916) 631-7488 (fax)
www.msimail.net

The same page also notes:

Are the boards to add audio to the unit still around. If so, how would we acquire the parts?
The Ten-XL series is now supported by our Service Partner, Effective Engineering in Burbank, CA. Please contact them by phone at: 818-841-4437 or by e-mail at: gvgservice at effeng.com

Effective Engineering's website notes:

On December 12, 1999, Effective Engineering in the LA area began handling support for Grass Valley's legacy products beginning with the 200 and 250 switchers.
http://www.effeng.com/gvg.html

They do advertise parts only support for the 3240 proc amps and a number of other older equipment.

Largent Video in Grass Valley is another possible resource:
http://www.largentvideo.com/about.php

Hope this is of some help, now or in the future as people acquire more legacy GV stuff.

Ted