[QuadList] GRASS VALLEY GROUP 3240 proc amp manual needed and info on how...

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Mon Dec 12 11:51:32 CST 2011

good info  Ted!

I was amazed how LITTLE  I  found on  these amps...

In a message dated 12/12/2011 3:41:51 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
ted at quadvideotapegroup.com writes:

Hi, Ed,

Module model numbers are very helpful and likely necessary, since there
may be variations on a theme.

Also, boards may have been modified (or not modified) after manufacture  as
updates or field bulletins were issues.

For other items:

One resource that may be helpful in finding  links to support is the old
Grass Valley knowledge base:
_http://grassvalley.novosolutions.net/default.asp?id=227&Lang=1&SID=_
(http://grassvalley.novosolutions.net/default.asp?id=227&Lang=1&SID=)

Checking  it, I didn't find anything on the 3240 series.  However, a link
under  "Legacy Products>Routers>Ten-XL turned up this  page:

http://grassvalley.novosolutions.net/default.asp?id=967&Lang=1&SID=
Where can I find any documentation on the GVG Ten-XL  video routers?
Ten-XL manuals  that are no longer available from Grass Valley Group may be
ordered  from MSI at 916-631-7400. Please use the TP (Technical
Publication) number when ordering the manual.
The following manuals are available:
    *   Ten-XL Series Installation and Operation (TP3121-01)
    *   Ten-XL Series Maintenance (TP3124-01)
    *   Ten-XL Manual Set (TP-086885-01)
    *   Ten-XL 100/300 Interface  (TP3031-00)

MSI is a  multi-faceted company near Sacramento, CA
2431 Mercantile Dr # A
Rancho Cordova, CA 95742
(916) 631-7400
(916) 631-7488 (fax)
_www.msimail.net_ (http://www.msimail.net/)

The same  page also notes:

 (http://www.msimail.net/) Are the boards to add audio to the unit still
around.  If so, how would we acquire the parts?  The  Ten-XL series is now
supported by our Service Partner, Effective  Engineering in Burbank, CA. Please
contact them by phone at:  818-841-4437 or by e-mail at:
_gvgservice at effeng.com_ (mailto:gvgservice at effeng.com)

Effective Engineering's website notes:

On December 12, 1999, Effective Engineering  in the LA area began handling
support for Grass Valley's legacy products  beginning with the 200 and 250
switchers.

_http://www.effeng.com/gvg.html_ (http://www.effeng.com/gvg.html)

They  do advertise parts only support for the 3240 proc amps and a number
of other  older equipment.

Largent Video in Grass Valley  is another possible resource:

_http://www.largentvideo.com/about.php_
(http://www.largentvideo.com/about.php)

Hope this is of some help, now or in the future as people acquire more
legacy GV stuff.

Ted

On Dec 11, 2011, at 8:46 PM, _COURYHOUSE at aol.com_