[QuadList] GRASS VALLEY GROUP 3240 proc amp manual needdandinfo on how ...

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Mon Dec 12 18:12:00 CST 2011

What is the difference between  the  7510   and   the 3240?

I will look to see if  I have any of those...
thanks  folks!

Ed#

Hi Park:

Good info!  The 7510 is a different design that I had not  tried.  I am
guessing that the 1/2" that Ed is talking about is EIAJ reel  to reel, which
can be pretty ugly.  Would be interesting to know if the  7510 could hold onto
it.  Another consideration is how "tightly" the  regenerated sync is locked
to the source.  I've seen instances where the  proc amp worked, but because
the timing relationship of the new sync to the  original sync was not
exact, the TBC could correct only the error  that was contained in the
regenerated signal.

Again, assuming that in Ed's case we are talking about B&W, then  color
isn't an issue, but many (most? all?) "broadcast" proc amps  can't handle
chroma that isn't locked to sync.

When dealing with old format transfers, it certainly is helpful to have a
variety of "boxes" to try in different configurations.  Sometimes you  just
never know what combination of devices may be able to solve a  problem!

Don Norwood
Digitrak Communications, Inc.
_www.digitrakcom.com_ (http://www.digitrakcom.com/)

Thanks,

Ed Sharpe, Archivist for SMECC

See the Museum's Web Site at _www.smecc.org_ (http://www.smecc.org/)

We are always looking for  items to add to the museum's display and ref.
library - please advise if you  have anything we can use.

Coury House / SMECC
5802 W. Palmaire Ave.  Phone 623-435-1522
Glendale Az 85301 USA

CONFIDENZIALE:  Questo messaggio e gli eventuali allegati sono confidenziali
e riservati. Se  vi è stato recapitato per errore e non siete fra i
destinatari elencati,  siete pregati di darne immediatamente avviso al
mittente. Le informazioni  contenute non devono essere mostrate ad altri, né
utilizzate, memorizzate o  copiate in qualsiasi forma.

CONFIDENTIAL: This e-mail and any attachments  are confidential and may
contain reserved information. If you are not one of  the named recipients,
please notify the sender immediately. Moreover, you  should not disclose the
contents to any other persons, nor should the  information contained be used
for any purpose or stored or copied in any  form.