[QuadList] Question of the week

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Mon Feb 28 06:18:25 CST 2011

Last week we did the RCA models and ended with some good discussion topics
and machines that I never knew were made.  The portable unit and the weird
data recorders.

So this is the question of the week.

Can you name all the Ampex models of quads that were sold.

Again for clarity, a plain number and one with an A are the  same.  So if
there was a VR-4000, followed by the VR-4000 B, then the plain  one became
the A model.  That is only two model. Also the VRX  prototype series does not
count in this list.  We will start with the  VR-1000 series.  Spot players
are included.

I know of 21 different models that were sold.  There may be  more.  How
many can you name?

Chris Hill
WA8IGN