[QuadList] ½" 7-track FM Instrumentation recorder

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Tue Feb 1 11:54:55 CST 2011

Hi Pat:

I do have a 1/2" 7-track FM machine, an Ampex FR-600.

Do you know the format of the tape to be played?  If it was recorded on an FR-100 series machine, it may not be IRIG.  I think I have both IRIG and the earlier Ampex format heads, but it's been a while since I did anything with the instrumentation formats, so I'm a bit fuzzy on it now.  Feel free to contact me off-list if you need me to look into it.

Don