[QuadList] ½" 7-track FM Instrumentation recorder

Bill Carpenter wcarpen107 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 1 13:38:08 CST 2011

Hi Folks,

The Govt had a 7 track, 1/2" tape FM instrumentation recorder, named the UNQ-8,
(nicknamed "Unc Eight" ) and was used on the Polaris Subs, to record data from a
missile firing, when the missile is traveling from the sub tube to the surface.

This was in the early 60's, since I worked on the "B" version in 1963.

I hope this helps?

Bill Carpenter