[QuadList] Quad tapes of First SuperBowl--Recorded at WDAU-TV--More about station

Dennis Ray Wingo wingod at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 6 03:30:41 CST 2011

I thought that saying that would garner a bit of attention.

I used to work for Dr. Scott, and that is where I learned about 2" videotape, which in a way led me to our current work with the FR-900's and the lunar data.

In the 80's I worked there as an engineer and intern.  We were still using MIke Douglas's Norelco cameras then and we had several VR-1200's 2000's and AVR-3 two inch machines.  We used to buy a lot of surplus 2" tape from Hollywood Film and Tape.

When I went back there and took over the studio for a while in 1997, Dr. Scott was STILL using the Norelco cameras and still doing original programming on 2" masters with 3/4 inch as backups.

I talked him into stopping that and he let me go out and buy a Panasonic Digital Tape machine, one of those nice twin deck DVR-Pro decks.

He hated engineers through a lot of his bad experiences with them in the 70's but still using Norelco PC-70's and VR-2000's for master programming in the late 90's was darned interesting!