[QuadList] TRT-1 and TR-3 available!

David C. Crosthwait david at dcvideo.com
Tue Feb 8 13:36:16 CST 2011

Chris,

We have pondered resurrecting our unit at times over the years for a
working display such as NAB (the last opportunity was for the 50th
anniv. of 2"). We figured that to do it right, it would take a
dedicated work space i.e. small warehouse and about six months of work
with some dedicated personnel. That also would mean a cache of
replacement tubes, transformers and capacitors. And that is with the
surplus parts resources of the LA area. Consider also the power
consumption: 51.5 amps (per the TRT book)for five racks plus 5.4 amps
for the color rack. Heat is a factor also. If we were successful in
bringing a machine to showroom status, how long would it last? Then,
the unbelievable thought of taking it all apart and moving it to
Vegas, where one does not always have the luxury of handling their own
equipment (The Teamsters get involved). Then, you have to have
adequate power, floor space, security, and a week to put it all
together again. If it does work for four days, then it's all pats on
the back, handshakes, and "attaboys". Tear it all down and away it goes.

It's a project for a group who have a lot of time and money, in my opinion.

David

Quoting Chill315 at aol.com: