[QuadList] Jeporady Question of the Day--And the answer is RCA TR-700

Gary Adams garyada at ix.netcom.com
Wed Feb 23 09:37:33 CST 2011

With respect to the TR800.  Not exactly sure about the dates but I believe
it was initially shown prior to the BVH2000 but it didn't work very well.  I
don't believe a single circuit is similar to the 2000. I did post final
testing (interesting concept) on these in the era that they were "sort of"
working which was after the 2000 gained market share.  Even the remote
control was RS-422 but not using the Sony (or SMPTE/Ampex) protocol.  Had it
actually worked when it was introduced, would have been the best feature set
machine on the market.  There were a couple of fine Engineers, like Dave
Tosch, who made them work really good.  There were lots of war stories about
this but we will leave that to Ted's Type C Video Tape Group J  Gary