[QuadList] Jeporady Question of the Day--And the answer is RCA TR-700

Bill Carpenter wcarpen107 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 23 10:21:01 CST 2011

Hi Folks,

I believe that they actually delivered some TR-800 machines. I visited a
production facility in either Australia or New Zealand in late 82 or the Summer
of 83. I think they had major servo problems, and after the VPR-3 was introduced
at IBC 82, in Brighton England, they quit working on the machine.
I know I saw some very sad folks with 3 machines that could not be used for even
as playback machines. They asked me about the VPR-3 servos.
At that time I had not shipped any VPR-3's and I had a 40M$ signed order
backlog, and the first machines went to ABC for use in Sarajevo Winter Olympics.

Bill Carpenter