[QuadList] From the TR 800 Crypt--Questions seeking answers

Scott Thomas scottgfx at mac.com
Sat Feb 26 00:01:30 CST 2011

I have found the discussion on the TR-800 to be fascinating. Thank you!

I had forgotten ISI in the discussion of possible TBC manufactures in Florida for the TR-800.

ISI was based in Gainesville, FL like Vital and was later named Intergroup. I worked at the Fox affiliate in Cape Coral, where they had both a Intergroup Master Control switcher and a small production board that was soon replaced with a GVG-200.

I also had some donated ISI distribution amps at my high school. Imagine my surprise when I realized that I didn't need to loop video through a tape deck or monitor to get it somewhere else! :)

I'll see if I can find the link, but I found a webpage years ago that was filled with comments from (former) Vital SqueezeZoom users. Some neat stories there on just how quirky they were. I'll see if I can relocate it.

Scott Thomas