[QuadList] From the TR 800 Crypt--Questions seeking answers

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Sat Feb 26 01:49:18 CST 2011

On Feb 25, 2011, at 10:01 PM, Scott Thomas wrote:

> I'll see if I can find the link, but I found a webpage years ago
> that was filled with comments from (former) Vital SqueezeZoom users.
> Some neat stories there on just how quirky they were. I'll see if I
> can relocate it.

Some folks may find this webpage relatable.
http://www.electronicskb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/design/45645/Bad-Circuits-in-the-Wild

It's a thread about the size and readability of schematics.

The Vital SqueezeZoom is mentioned as a "nightmare" that in the
poster's experience seemed to require replacement of 100 caps a month
in the video mixer circutry, and that the schematics were riddled with
errors.

Todd Rundgren bought one: http://home.comcast.net/~toddstuff/articles/TR-198104-Mix/TR-198104-Mix.html

And since NAB is coming soon, Stefan Sargent mentions here
http://www.dv.com/article/93200

how he became a SqueezeZoom owner in 1979... three years after being
seduce by an Ampex machine...

Ted.

Skype: 	TedLangdell
e-mail:	ted at quadvideotapegroup.com