[QuadList] NHK's research lab developed a Quad machine in 1958

Wayne Watson wayne.watson at sait.ca
Sun Feb 27 16:49:53 CST 2011

This post jogged a very foggy old memory. In about 1973 or 74 at NAB was there a one inch quad shown by an Asian manufacturer? My recall was that it had a head that looked like a very small Ampex quad. When I went by the both I was surprised to see it, however there was nobody there at that time that could speak enough English to tell anything about it.
Was there ever such a recorder was it a bad dream?

Wayne Watson