[QuadList] VPR-80 QC switcher w/Tek 528 Octal plug--How to translate function to Tek 1730?

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Mon Jan 17 18:20:56 CST 2011

Howdy from California (again) after a dozen days in Berlin...

I'm updating the scopes in an Ampex VPR-80 sidecar package.  A Tek
1720/1730 pair are replacing the original Tek 528/1420 setup in the
sidecar.

In connecting the wiring harness... we have a round 9-pin plug that
went to the 528... (pictured) and no matching connector on the 1730.

The VPR-80 manual harness diagram shows that one of the two wires
between the QC switcher and the scope connector is a "Sync Ctl" line.

The other has -15 Volts (from the scope?) and goes from SubD Plug 9/
Pin6 on the switcher to pins 2, 6 and 9 of  9-pin plug called P370 on
the scope.

It appears to change the scope's sync input when switching from video
to Demod or AST Error modes.

So, my question is... what pins do we use on the 1730 to accomplish
the desired functionality?

Please e-mail a reply that includes off-list to ted at flashscan8.us.

I'll get it on my iPhone more quickly.  Am putting the package
together now for delivery tomorrow.

Thanks much in advance.

Will post pix with the results.

Skype: 	TedLangdell