[QuadList] Happy New Year to all on the QuadList

Bill Carpenter wcarpen107 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 1 13:31:10 CST 2011

Hi Ted,

Our Ampex German office was in Frankfurt, and I had many good times there,
sometimes at

The Apple Wine Bars, great basic German food, served family style, with all the
Apple Wine you could drink,
and then I would try to walk back to the Hotel.

I was there the year the Chicago Bears played in the SuperBowl and I watched it
@10:30 PM on AFRTS.

I was in Hamberg in the morning and had a fast trip back in light blowing snow,
at 120mph in a Mercedes with hi speed snow tires on the Autobahn.

Have a great trip, and ask about the old Ampex ex-trainer/German field
engineer(who came from Northern California) Wayne Eaton, who would lead me
astray, every time I was in Frankfort.

Bill Carpenter