[QuadList] OT: How to move a VPR-80 in a sidecar cabinetwithout a truck or trailer--AVR 2 Next??

Tim Stoffel tim at lionlamb.us
Fri Jan 21 01:59:30 CST 2011

On Thu, 2011-01-20 at 09:21 -0800, Ted Langdell wrote:
> Hi, Park,
>

> Thanks.
>

> The slip rings were inspected at the same time the brushes/rotors were
> done.
>

> You'd mentioned the board connector problems in a previous post.  I'll
> pop them on the problem child and follow your recommendations... see
> if that makes a difference and report back.  May take some time to get
> to...
>

> Ted

That machine, if it is the one I am thinking of, has encapsulated slip
rings. Park may be referring to the old style 'dog house' slip rings,
which worked fine but you needed to keep them clean. But yes, the
encapsulated slip rings were inspected. Even so, the encapsulated slip
rings eventually fail, too.