[QuadList] Videos about Quad machines on YouTube (was How to move a Quad)

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Fri Jan 21 15:56:13 CST 2011

QuadList member Park Seward's YouTube clips focus on Ampex equipment.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=audiovideopark&aq=f

For RCA fans, QuadList member Guy Spiller has posted videos re: moving
and restoring his RCA TR-70 collection
http://www.youtube.com/user/RCAquadruplex

A YouTube search for "RCA Quad"
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=RCA+Quad&aq=f

turned up some TR-70's here, apparently playing music videos,
prompting dancing by the engineers
http://www.youtube.com/user/crustyhead2#p/u/1/JqcsWBmp3ek
VPR-2B's are also visible.

This is one of a set of five videos posted by Crustyhead under the
title of "VT Frolics."

The playback of Michael Jackson's "Beat It" dates the videos as from
1983 or later.  Surfing T-shirt and accents tend to make me think this
is an Australian shop.

The search also pulls up a TCR-100 promo—done tongue in cheek by KBCI
in 1992
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgX3AwEM9YQ&feature=related

Clicking on the links leads to:

A "how it works" video about a pair of ACR-25B's at WDAM-TV in
Hattiesburg, MS.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YhuUVzg8Dg&feature=related

A TCR-100 in operation (maybe someting for your "fishbowl" TV monitor
to make you feel at home?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YhuUVzg8Dg&feature=related

VR-2000's in operation at WBBM-TV, Chicago are at 7:20 in this clip
(followed by VPR-2s)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bedZcB5Qhi4&feature=related

An AVR-2 in operation at the Broadcast Store in California:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXoDzNNUjZA

VR-2000's in the CMX-600 demo for NAB '71
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bNmsKBqFPQ&feature=more_related

And QuadList member Dave Sieg's upload of a tape showing 1,275
successive single frame edits on an RCA TR-5 Quad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKGdvk_jXHY&feature=related

We sign off with... the KTXL, Sacramento sign off from 1982 with a
TR-600, TR-50's and a pair of TCR-100's.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_J6ImIwFw4&feature=more_related

Skype: 	TedLangdell
e-mail:	ted at quadvideotapegroup.com